Friday, February 5, 2010

criticisms of self-criticism part 1


1) Formally, I think that the aperture and shutter speed and ISO are acceptable, the subject is in focus and there is no over-exposure or under-exposure. Also there appears to be little to no noise in the photo. Too improve the photo, i would change the white balance. There seems to be a slight tint in the background that could be easily changed with a different setting, like shade or cloudy.

2) conceptually, I'm happy with the way the subject seems to be addressing the background although perhaps the picture should have been taken from farther away so that the whole statue could be seen.

3) Personally, I think that the sense of a great speech or of the subject addressing the masses was captured well enough although it does need several edits, either a photo filter or a color balance and then some vignetting to bring attention to the subject as well as the background, which i feel is just as important in the photo.

2 comments:

  1. I think that this is a very interesting photo. I like the way that the statue is not in the center and seems to be reaching out towards the buildings in the background. The snow on the statue I think is the best part it makes it look warn and forgotten, I do not know if this was the idea that you trying to get across but it was planned well. I think that the one problem that you had was that the sky was white and most of the ground was white for me that was kind of over whelming. Maybe lowering the shutter speed of taking the picture at a different time of day would lesson that effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zach. This is a good start, if slightly short. Your reflection that begins with "personally" is actually a conceptual analysis, and your conceptual analysis is, right now, a technical analysis. You could fix your reflection that begins with "conceptually" by stating the consequences of including the whole statue - in other words, how would that choice change the meaning of the overall image?

    Please be careful to capitalize your I's, Zach!

    ReplyDelete